Traveling With Your Pets
Time to hit the road for family vacation! So what to do with Fido?
Buckle him up in a car seat and take him with you! Dr. Jyl offers tips for road tripping with your dog. If you can’t take him with you there’s always a kennel, but you want to beware of the one you choose. She’ll tell you what to look for when deciding your pet’s next boarding spot.
- How can you ensure a smooth road tip with your dog or cat?
- Do they suffer from car sickness?
- What happens if they hang out the window for too long?
- How do you find a good kennel that will take care of your dog while you’re away?
- Are there bad things owners do when it comes to traveling with their pets?
Dr. Jyl talks with FOX40 about travel and your pets:
Things to look for when boarding your pets:
- Check References
- Make a Visual Inspection,
- Make sure a Vet is on the premises
- Check Security & Boarding Agreement
- Amenities/Comfort (Turn out Yards for Exercise, Couches, TV, Toys, Social Time, etc.)
- Carry Medical Records & ID
- Remember Prescriptions
- Be mindful of car sickness
- Limit Window Air Time
- Buckle up
Dr. Jyl Rubin DVM (916) 989-0738